A mobile phone is a wireless electronic device used for telephone and multimedia communications. The term "mobile phone" does not typically refer to a cordless phone, which is ultimately still connected to a land line. Mobile phones are just another word for cell phones, and they receive their service from cell phone towers. A mobile phone may be used anywhere outdoors or indoors, and does not have a base unit that it must be returned to like a cordless phone.
Mobile phones may be purchased directly from the manufacturers, or they may be purchased as part of a cell phone service contract from a service provider. It is often more expensive to purchase a mobile phone from the manufacturer, because service providers often offer steep discounts when purchasing a phone with a one- or two-year contract. There are different types of mobile phones to suit different needs.
Related Industry Knowledge
- 4G Smartphone usage Terminals
- Reasons for choosing a 4G smartphone
- A brief introduction to waterproof ...
- Maintenance skills of waterproof mo...
- How to test the water-proof mobile ...
- How to maintain headphones
- Misunderstanding of using headphones
- Considerations for using Headphones
- Sound characteristics of headphones
- Bluetooth stereo makes wireless mus...
- UTMS for smartphone China factory
- Report says HTC U11 Life arriving o...
- Apple decreases iPhone 8 production...
- What is LED
- China OEM factory for multimedia phone
- Quad band GPRS